Monday, March 17, 2008

Week 3!

I guess most of my life I have been connected to some form of new communication technologies. As my parents work has always delt with computeres and the internet I have had an email since I was about 6 or 7 and have always been connected to different groups on the internet. These groups include forums, blogs and various online games.

Through playing online games which led me to intereact with the program 'ventrilio' (voice chat rooms using mics on computers) I met many different people and still talk to them to this day. One of the people I met on one of the online games I played i actually became good friends with and when he came up to the Gold Coast for our schoolies as he was the same age as me, we met in person. However these online game days are behind me now.

The main forms of new communication technologies that I interact with today are mobile phones and msn messenger. The use of a mobile phone began when my parents felt it neccesary to give me a mobile phone to keep track of me as I became a roudy teen. The use of msn came into play during highschool as all my fellow class mates had it and it was the cheapest and easiest way to keep connected to my friends after school hours.

I have never had any problems with privacy issues. I have given my number out but only a few times and only to people I had been talking to for a long time. I have also given out my home address but that was to the friend I met at schoolies. We began to send each other music, dvd's, software and games. All which of course were legal copies! *cough*

No comments: