Monday, April 28, 2008

Week 8: Part 1!

For the first part of the tutorial task this week we were given exercisesthat work with Microsoft Word and Excel.

When using Microsoft word I had no problems at all until the mail merge section of the exercises. After trying to figure it out I ended up using the Word help function which showed me how to set up a mail merge source, giving step by step instructions. However apart from the mail merge feature I found the exercises very simple as I have had plenty of experience with the Word software. I believe the 2003 version of Word is very useful to use and it is why it became so widely used and popular around the world.

When using the Microsoft Excel program I did not struggle with any of the exercises as I have used Excel in those ways before. A fair amount of my previous education such as accounting has delt with the use of excel and provided me with all i needed to complete the graph and formula exercises. Though I was not too familar with creating my own toolbar and applying the macros, I had done this before and picked it up easily enough. Though Excel might seem confusing and off-putting at first, it is very useful to use and again is why it is so widely used around the world.

No comments: