Monday, June 2, 2008

Week 13: Reflection!

After 13 weeks of taking the course 'New Communication Technology', I am happy that I chose it. As I have worked with computers, the internet and various other communication technologies all my life, I felt right at home undertaking the studies of the course. Though I found the practical side of the course fairly basic, I really enjoyed the theory and found many of the topics covered within the course very interesting. I found it interesting to learn about the history of the computer and the interenet as I use both these things everyday and never truly knew how they came about. I also enjoyed learning the different theories and concepts of how communication technologies have evolved over time. I found the concept behind each of the movies we watched very relevent to the course and enjoyed the different insights into each of these films.

Overall I believe that this course has a very well structured program. Though the practical side could become a bit more complex, I understand that the course is only an introductory course. I would recommend this course to any student moving into an arts education.

No comments: